Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mark Tatulli & Heart of the City

Click to enlarge

Every Sunday the paper has a bunch of liftouts, sports, music, news, travel, racing, etc. My favourite is the kids liftout. It's only one sheet, so two pages and one centrefold. The centrefold has comics. Some of them are cute and funny and some are so stupid it makes me want to smash my head against the table. But I'm like that most mornings.

Heart of the City is from the first category. Mark Tatulli, the creator, has captured the essence of little girls everywhere rather well. Sometimes it's a little scary how much Heart is like my childhood-self. And my now-self. Especially today's comic, except I never have and never will have a Jonas Brothers poster. You can check out more of Tatulli's Heart of the City comics here. I briefly considered posting all the Halloween ones here, but thought that perhaps some might not appreciate the page taking an hour to load.

No comments: