Monday, October 5, 2009

I Caved

I got a 'Halloween Tree'. I told myself I didn't need one. It was just a thing to take up space and make you buy ornaments to put on it. It was too kitschy and Christmas is for trees.

Yesterday I gave in and headed out and cut myself down a nice creepy looking branch. Skills with a hacksaw, I has them. I ripped off the leaves that had only just started to grow (what with it being spring and all), and clipped off any branches that didn't fit the aesthetic. Then I spray painted the whole thing a nice matte black. As well as my hands and left pant leg. Skills with spraypaint, I do not have.

I decided that if I was going to have a Halloween tree I wasn't going to subject anyone else to my nonsense, and that it was going to go in my room. Right now the branches hang over my bed-head. It's a pretty neat set-up. I couldn't resist taking a photo of it in the hall though. How can you say no to orange and black?


----------------
Now playing: Flyleaf - What's This?
via FoxyTunes

No comments: