Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Gardener

I love the moment when you realise what you're going to name a piece. For me it's always a bolt out of the blue thing, one moment completely stuck and then suddenly I've got it.
I don't remember what I was thinking about when the name came to mind. I do, however, remember wondering why the hell I hadn't thought of it before.

(Yeah, guess whose scanner stopped working)
((Also, this sketch was drawn in a very short amount in time and should in no way represent my artistic abilities. ))
(((Although, when it comes to drawing, that is about as good as it gets.)))

A poor soul was working in the garden, and something went a bit awry and now he's a part of the garden. He's THE GARDENER!
Sigh.

I think it's fairly safe to say my brain is not working too good. The Gardener is both for Halloween and my final art piece for the year. And did I mention it's due Friday? I am going more than a little bit insane trying to get everything done, which explains why it's only now that I realise I was meant to write an Idol Worship post today instead. As far as I'm aware blogger doesn't have a save as draft option for posts so you get my frantic rambles today, and Idol Worship tomorrow. And then the day after as well! Yay?

The Gardener is currently about 2/5 of the way done, I'd guess. I've got a pumpkin head made (my first ever), the skeleton torso and arms were cannibalised from my last big artwork/thing, and I'm about halfway through covering them in papier mache. All I've got to do, therefore, is make the cross, buy and mache the rope for the vines, and spray paint the leaves. Then I shove the whole thing in the ground and abandon it.

But right now I'm going to go have a nice long bath and write a fake newspaper article about the death of a fictional artist. Ciao.

----------------
Now playing: Beck - Scarecrow
via FoxyTunes

No comments: