Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Month of Music: Triple J's Hottest 100

I posted Triple J's Hottest 100 list this day last year, but I must say, this year's list is far better than the last.
I was especially happy with number one, which I had actually chosen for tomorrow's music month post.

#1 Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
#2 Parlez Vous Francais? - Art vs. Science
#3 Chase That Feeling - Hilltop Hoods
#4 Lisztomania - Phoenix
#5 Broken Leg - Bluejuice
#6 Bulletproof - La Roux
#7 Coin Laundry - Lisa Mitchell
#8 Not Fair - Lily Allen
#9 Uprising - Muse
#10 Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
#11 Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
#12 Bonkers - Dizzee Rascal and Armand van Helden
#13 1901 - Phoenix
#14 Sticks 'n' Stones - Jamie T
#15 Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
#16 Heavy Cross - Gossip
#17 Fire - Kasabian
#18 Shooting Stars - Bag Raiders
#19 Undisclosed Desires - Muse
#20 Sleepyhead - Passion Pit
#21 Fader - The Temper Trap
#22 Cousins - Vampire Weekend
#23 Warp 1.9 - The Bloody Beetroots (ft. Steve Aoki)
#24 Carol Brown - Flight Of The Conchords
#25 Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
#26 Help I'm Alive - Metric
#27 In for the Kill - La Roux
#28 We Won't Run - Sarah Blasko
#29 All I Want - Sarah Blasko
#30 Hurt Feelings - Flight Of The Conchords
#31 The Waitress Song - Seth Sentry
#32 Ramona Was A Waitress - Paul Dempsey
#33 Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi (ft. MGMT & Ratatat)
#34 Brother - Little Birdy
#35 Resistance - Muse
#36 (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To - Weezer
#37 Still Standing - Hilltop Hoods
#38 Little Secrets - Passion Pit
#39 One Way Road - The John Butler Trio
#40 And the Boys - Angus & Julia Stone
#41 Audacity of Huge - Simian Mobile Disco (ft. Chris Keating)
#42 Vanilla - British India
#43 Awesome - The Bloody Beetroots (ft. The Cool Kids)
#44 Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up) - Florence and the Machine
#45 Drumming Song - Florence and the Machine
#46 Blood Bank - Bon Iver
#47 Set Fire to the Hive - Karnivool
#48 Science of Fear - The Temper Trap
#49 All of the Dreamers - Powderfinger
#50 Buttons (CSS Remix) - Sia
#51 Where Did All The Love Go? - Kasabian
#52 Horchata - Vampire Weekend
#53 Animal - Mike Snow
#54 Crying Lightning - Arctic Monkeys
#55 No You Girls - Franz Ferdinand
#56 Islands - The xx
#57 The Good News - Philadelphia Grand Jury
#58 Love Lost - The Temper Trap
#59 I'm Not Alone - Calvin Harris
#60 22 - Lily Allen
#61 Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear
#62 One More Chance - Bloc Party
#63 All I Know - Karnivool
#64 Blood - The Middle East
#65 Foreign Land - Eskimo Joe
#66 Pictures - Illy
#67 Cement - Washington
#68 Omen - The Prodigy
#69 Meet Me on the Equinox - Death Cab for Cutie
#70 My Girls - Animal Collective
#71 Byrds of Prey - Bertie Blackman
#72 You've Changed - Sia
#73 Heartbreaker - MSTRKRFT (ft. John Legend)
#74 Friend In The Field - Art vs. Science
#75 New Moon Rising - Wolfmother
#76 11th Dimension - Julian Casablancas 
#77 She's a Genius - Jet
#78 Remember Me - Tame Impala
#79 Getting Wise - Yves Klein Blue
#80 Holiday - Dizzee Rascal
#81 The Cave - Mumford & Sons
#82 Sometimes - Miami Horror
#83 Raindrops - Basement Jaxx
#84 United States of Eurasia - Muse
#85 Underdog - Kasabian
#86 Too Many Dicks (On The Dance Floor) - Flight Of The Conchords
#87 The Darkest Side - The Middle East
#88 Creeping Out Sara - NOFX
#89 D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune) - Jay-Z
#90 Kiss With A Fist - Florence and the Machine
#91 I've Got Friends - Manchester Orchestra
#92 Skeleton Boy - Friendly Fires
#93 Thump - Bertie Blackman
#94 Blue Lips - Regina Spektor
#95 Panic Switch - Silversun Pickups
#96 Ghosts N Stuff - Deadmau5
#97 Laughing With - Regina Spektor
#98 New Fang - Them Crooked Vultures
#99 Hell - Tegan and Sara
#100 Wheels - Foo Fighters

(Where the song and artist are highlighted, it leads back to a past post containing a video of that song. If it's just the artist then it's a video of a different song by the artist.)
 
I ended up missing out on listening to the full countdown when my radio broke, only ended up catching the first ten or so. I did, however, realise a few things:
1: I don't listen to the radio enough. If not for the fact my CD player also has a radio function I wouldn't at all.
2: I need to buy more CDs. Well, technically speaking, I don't need more, and I've got no room to put more, but the last time I bought an album was in September.
3: I really don't like Kasabian, no matter how much I try.

1 comment:

Enthusiastic Hack said...

Thanks for posting the list. Much easier to read than the one on Triple J's site. And I agree. Great songs this year