Monday, January 4, 2010

Now For Something Completely Different



Like the vast majority of people on the internet, I quite enjoy Mr Python and that grand old "Flying Circus" of his. However I have found that this is a fairly uncommon trait of people my age. They do exist, but most have only seen The Holy Grail, and I find that to be a bit sad.

A year or two ago, I went to a party dressed as Cardinal Ximénez (the one with the hat). It was a costume party, obviously, which made it a bit less odd. However, while I thought the costume witty and entertaining, nobody else did.

 Nobody expected it. But nobody understood it either.

So if I were to make a post secret about The Spanish Inquisition, it would look more like this:



Because sometimes having cool parents who let you watch Flying Circus videos at age 5 really sucks.
Also I hate that yellow mouse.

1 comment:

Ghoul Friday said...

While you and I are years apart, it's comforting to know we share the childhood experience of enjoying, quoting and celebrating genius bits of pop culture (thanks to parents) that none of our friends can relate to (sadly).

I will say, it can serve well as a tool to find connections with like-minded people.

If I were a teenager and saw you in the costume, I would have laughed and applauded and gone into a 4 minute routine with you.