Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wanna see inside my mind?

Well you can't. -evil cackle-
But I do have a scan of my sketchbook that I felt like posting because I have nothing better to do.


Click to enlarge, as per usual.

Anyway, I have to make a tower representing a social issue, but what I really wanted to do was try out the technique of wrapping people in tape to make copies of their body, so I decided I'd make mine out of people. Plus I wanted an excuse to make some more skeletons. But no heads, because I only have three weeks and I have to do everything else as well.
So now all I have to do (apart from actually making the thing) is to come up with some social issue that this tower represents. I'm thinking that it's going to be about how we feel the need to bring down our 'idols' AKA people living life in the public eye.
The little picture on the right is my test, using scotch tape and my own hand. That was rather awkward. I'm going to bribe my brother into being the model for the final version.



----------------
Now playing: Modest Mouse - Parting Of The Sensory

No comments: