Friday, January 2, 2009

Makin' Stuffs


I love making things. I really really do. I can't help it. Luckily I'm impulsive, yet lazy, so I don't have a house full of unfinished craft things. Either I make it or I don't, no forward planning.

These little guys I made about a month ago. Had two days where I had absolutely nothing to do but sit around and watch TV.
I found the back of scraps we use to test to sewing machine on. Decided to liberate a few of the nicer pieces, and made myself an alien. I drew a quick sketch on the racing guide from the paper, and just made it up as I went along. Confusing but fun. Watched a few episodes of NCIS, SVU and other abbreviations, and voila! Then the next day I decided I'd make a vampire. Drew some more sketches, and actually drew a very rough pattern, on the obituries page no less. Really did need a pattern this time, because I wanted to make a fully lined cape for the little biter. He's got a snap closure to keep to shut, with a shiny red bead to disguise the fact that I'd forgotten to sew the closure in before turning the cape inside out. Next time I'm making him on a larger scale, because all those tiny hand-stitches nearly made me blind. Very cute though. Just maybe not worth it in the long run.

No comments: